Operation Highbar
Police Scotland are appealing for information in relation to the murder of Paul Lafferty and Gary Beaton which took place between 14/08/2026 and 16/08/2026.
Details of Incident
A murder investigation has been launched after two men were found dead in a flat in Glasgow.
Around 4.40pm on Sunday, 16 August, 2026, Paul Lafferty 50, and Gary Beaton, 54– were found with serious injuries within a property in Chancellor Street, Partick.
They were pronounced dead at the scene.
Following post-mortem examinations, which took place on Monday, 17 August, 2026 and Tuesday, 18 August, 2026, their deaths are being treated as murder.
Both families are aware and are being support by specialist officers. They have asked for privacy at this time.
Detectives from Police Scotland’s Major Investigation Team, supported by local officers, are carrying out extensive enquiries in the area and are appealing for the help of the public.
Officers have trawled hours of public and private CCTV footage as part of the investigation and door-to-door enquiries are also continuing.
Senior investigating officer Detective Superintendent Cheryl Kelly, of the Major Investigation Team, said: “My thoughts are with the families of Paul and Gary at this extremely difficult time and we are doing all we can to get them answers.
"Our investigation into the deaths of Paul and Gary are continuing and I would urgently appeal to anyone with information who has not already spoken with us to please do so.
"It is vital we trace whoever is responsible and we are fully committed to doing this.
"A significant amount of resources have been dedicated to this investigation and there will be a large police presence in the area as these enquiries continue.
“I am appealing directly to anyone with any information, no matter how small or insignificant they feel it may be, should come forward and speak to us. Please do not assume that the police already know the information you have.
“We are keen to hear from anyone who knew Paul and Gary or who were in the Partick area, near to Chancellor Street from Friday morning from 9am on 14 August, 2026, who seen Paul or Gary or seen or heard anything suspicious.
Superintendent Craig Brady said: “I would like to extend my sympathies to the family and friends of Paul and Gary as they try to come to terms with their loss.
"We understand the significant impact this will have on the local community and I would like to thank everyone for their help so far.
“High visibility patrols remain in the area and there will be an increased police presence as the investigation continues.
"If anyone has any concerns, or information, please speak to officers."
Contact Information
Anyone who has any information in connection with the incident (including footage) can contact Police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 quoting incident number 1386 of 16/08/2026. Alternatively, by submitting information via the link at the bottom of this page.